Tuesday, August 29, 2006

How I wish I had never met her!

How I wish I had never met her


I can't tell you how angry I am. You know priya, don't you? That girl who worked in my office? The girl I talked to, smiled at, greeted every morning, helped with her reports, did everything someone would do for a dear friend.

Everyday, when I went to work, I would look forward to meeting her...saying Hi! to her, greeting her with a smile...chatting with her...exchanging little titbits of news (you know how girls love to do that). You know, I would even try and 'guess' what she would be wearing that day!

I still remember the first time I met her...it was near the water cooler. She and I both landed up there for a drink and when she asked me for directions I immediately realised that she was new to the office. So we just got talking - and before we knew it - we had become fast friends!
Friends, I was so happy that day! A new friend - it means so much, doesn't it? It's been a long time since I've had a new friend. I went home feeling just wonderful.

We used to meet nearly everyday...sometimes at the water cooler, sometimes at the ATM...And each time we met, we chatted away merrily - about us, about our other friends, our cousins, our boyfriends, our parents...
And then one day she told me she was getting married. How exciting!! She was marrying a software designer and settling in the US(..?.?.) Of course, she would invite me for the wedding. And OF COURSE, she would keep in touch from the US. Need I have said that?

I remember, I used to count the days to her wedding day. I was so excited...as if I was the one getting married! The day she was to be married, I couldn't concentrate on my work. The day just seemed to drag... At 6.30, I practically rushed out...went straight home, got dressed in my magenta outfit and literally ran to the car.
My best friend getting married! How I hugged her and congratulated her! I gave her a beautiful gift (I spent a fortune on it, without telling my parents). And...(too soon) the wedding was over. We held hands for a long time before I finally tore myself away from her and ran home. I cried myself to sleep that night.

I am still crying. And do you know why? I called her today - because I couldn't keep myself from talking to her...asking her how she was doing...whether she was happy...And do you know what she said? She called me a pest - said I shouldn't call anymore. That we are no longer friends!
What have I done to deserve this? What haven't I done for her? And this is the way she treats me! Diary, I am so upset, I can't stop crying. And I am angry - really angry! Next time I meet her (if there's a next time) I am sure I'll give it to her in full measure...actually I don't think I'll even look at her.
And there's another thing I'll do - pray that no one gets a friend like her.
(Collectoins (Re edited.)
Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes... just be an illusion.
~ Javan
" Even Your best Friends won't Tell you "









No comments:

Post a Comment